Friday, April 30, 2010

Daily Roundup: 4/30/10

I already posted about the Phillies game here.

Madson on DL: Phillies relief pitcher Ryan Madson is on the DL for a broken toe.  Antonio Bastardo, who was optioned to the minors yesterday to make room for Brad Lidge, will rejoin the bullpen in Madson's absence. Madson has not done a good job in the closer's role this season. He has blown two games so far.

Hopefully, Brad Lidge can step up and close games better than Madson had. Now that Madson is no longer here to close, Lidge will be most likely thrusted into the spot right away.

Abiamiri's Injury Trouble: Eagles defensive end Victor Abiamiri underwent microfracture knee surgery. It looks unlikely that he will be able to return by the season opener. This serious injury may even threaten his career.

Abiamiri: "I know that I've been hurt a lot since I've been here. When I got hurt during the season, I was like, 'I'm just going to play through it.' It was bothering me through the season, but I figured I'd get it fixed at the end of the season. And I did. It's just that the amount of the time it takes for it to heal up is pretty extensive."

Big Sports Day: Tomorrow will be a big sports day for Philadelphia sports fans. The Flyers will play Game 1 of their second round series against Boston at 12:30. Roy Halladay starts for the Phillies against the Mets tomorrow at 3:30. The Philadelphia Union (1-4) play the top team in the Western Conference, the LA Galaxy, tomorrow at 10:30. The Kentucky Derby will also be held tomorrow.

It should be fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment