Friday, August 13, 2010

Phillies Pathetic in Loss

The Phillies have not scored runs in games pitched by Cole Hamels all season. That did not change tonight, as the Phillies suffered a 1-0 loss to the Mets at Citi Field. Only one word came to my mind as I watched this game: Pathetic.


Knuckleballer R. A. Dickey stumped the Philly hitters all night. He gave up only one hit, and that was a single by Cole Hamels. Hamels was the only guy who showed up at the ballpark tonight for the Phils. The Phillies knocked around Dickey last week. This week, Dickey becomes Phil Niekro. I don't get it. Same hitters, same pitcher, different result.

Hamels pitched wonderfully, tossing an 8-inning complete game. He gave up only one run on five hits, and Cole struck out eight. If I was Cole, I would be frustrated with the hitters. Every fifth day they don't show up, and it happens to be the day Hamels pitches. I would challenge the hitters by dissing them in interviews and such.

Roy Halladay will be on the mound for the Phils tomorrow, facing off against the Mets' Pat Misch at Citi. That one will be a 7:10pm ET start.

No comments:

Post a Comment