Monday, October 20, 2008

It Will be the Rays

The Tampa Bay Rays wrapped up the American League Championship Series last night, with a 3-1 win in Game 7. They will be taking on our-beloved Phils in the World Series. The Red Sox, after being down 3-1 in the series, won two consecutive games to force this decisive seventh game.

I didn't know who to root for last night. I thought both teams had good pitching and good hittting. I knew both would be a tough test for the Phils. I wanted to root for the Rays, because I didn't want the Red Sox to win three straight games coming into the World Series. But the Rays have really been hitting the ball (mostly out of the park), so I'm a little nervous.

It will be a tough series for sure for the Phillies. Cole Hamels needs to come out strong in Game 1 on Wednesday. I will do a comprehensive preview on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment