Sunday, September 13, 2009

Eagles Roll Past Panthers

Yes, I was wrong picking the Panthers to win in my weekly NFL Picks of the Week. And I'm happy about it. The Eagles put on a defensive clinic in Carolina, trouncing the Panthers 38-10. It wasn't good news for the Eagles today, however. Donovan McNabb left the game in the 3rd quarter with a fractured rib according to Chris Mortensen.

This team really surprised me today. I was nervous about the defense. I thought Carolina would run right over the Eagles D, and it looked like they would after the first drive. But then the defense kicked it up a notch (maybe 10 notches) and forced Jake Delhomme out of the game.

The Eagles defense picked off 5 passes in this game. Sheldon Brown (one of the stars of the game) picked 2 of those. The Eagles forced 2 fumbles. One of which was recovered for a TD by Victor Abiamiri.

The big story here is the McNabb injury, which is starting to overshadow the Eagles greatness in this contest. Derrick Gunn of CSN is reporting that McNabb is out 2-4 weeks with a broken rib. The Eagles only have 2 quarterbacks active (not counting Vick), and one of them is now injured. So, the Eagles can't go into a game with only one quarterback. So they will have to sign another QB. I expect A.J. Feeley will rejoin the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment