Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Maclin Finally Signs

The Eagles have finally signed their first round pick (19th overall) Jeremy Maclin to a 5-year deal worth $15.5 million, a little over $9 million guaranteed. Many Eagle fans (including me) are relived that Maclin will finally join the team.

Maclin is an explosive player who will have some impact catching the ball and returning the punts. He is like DeSean Jackson, and hopefully he will have the same kind of impact Jackson had on the Eagles offense last year this year.

Maclin will have to study up extra hard on the Eagles complicated offense, being that he missed the team's first 15 practices.

Maclin: “I pick up things very easily. I think I’m smart and I can do things like that. I’m going to take what I learned in minicamp and hopefully translate it out here.” Hopefully, Jeremy, hopefully.

Here's DeSean Jackson about the time that Maclin missed: “It’s definitely crucial – the time he’s missed. I’m not saying he’s not going to be able to come in and pick up things and get going. But definitely the time he’s missed is a crucial period of time. Vets, selected vets and all the rookies – we went through it already, so our bodies are kind of in shape now. Those first couple days, it’s nothing you can just bypass. It’s work you have to get through. Hopefully he has to come in with the mentality that he has to get right on it.”

Eagle Nation hopes the Maclin is a fast leaner and can catch up with the team right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment