Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vick Signed by Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed with terms to ex-con and QB Michael Vick to a 1-year deal with a club option for a second. While I was watching the Eagles first preseason game, I found out that the Eagles got a deal done with Vick. I'm am in pure shock.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN first reported this story during the Steelers-Cardinals preseason game. I had heard rumors about the Eagles signing Vick be he was the first reliable source. You have to give him props.

According to ProFootballTalk, the first year of the deal is worth $1.6 million. The Eagles reportedly have the option of bringing Vick back for a second year, and that would be worth $5.2 million.

I like this move myself. Vick could become a game-breaker either as a part-time QB or in the Wildcat formation. Maybe Reid will use Vick to give McNabb a rest or something. Maybe Reid will reveal this in the post-game press conference (I wish).

Keep in mind that Vick has not been fully reinstated yet. He is allowed to play in preseason games, but he is not yet cleared for regular season duty. Roger Goodell has until week 6 to inform Vick of his status. But Goodell can clear Vick to play at any point up till then.

I have more on this when more comes out. The post-game press conference will be interesting to watch. If your in the Philly area then it will be on CSN after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment