Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reid: Vick Will Play Thursday

This afternoon, Andy Reid held a press conference announcing the Michael Vick will play this Thursday night against Jacksonville. Reid said the Vick will play during the first three quarters with the starting squad. Reid also said that Kevin Kolb will quarterback during the fourth quarter.

Reid: "I can only go off what I've seen in practice and it looks like he's moving around pretty good. Realistically, it's been two years. We'll see how it works out. We'll give him a couple shots in there and see what he can do."

"I'm just going to take it play by play and see how he adjusts to game speed. If I think that's a problem, I'll probably discontinue the reps. If I feel he's adjusting OK, I'll continue to give him an opportunity here and there."

It will be interesting to see how Vick performs and how Reid uses him. Vick will actually appear in a bankruptcy court hearing the morning of the game. He will show up though. That is confirmed.

Brian Westbrook will also make his preseason debut. Westbrook is coming off an ankle injury. I am also interested to see how he looks. Hopefully, he hasn't lost a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment